Your 24/7 Personal Digital Banker is available on WhatsApp. Whether it's making payments, buying airtime, accessing account information or answering general queries,
That's Africanacity. That's Absa.
Start chatting to Abby on WhatsApp to make payments, transfer money, buy airtime and check your account balances. Another digital innovation that gets things done.
Log in to start using Abby on WhatsApp
Ask Abby to show you your transactions
Need to check your transaction history? Abby can show you transactions going back up to 90 days.
Just ask Abby to 'Show my transactions from current account', or 'Show transactions from October.'
To see some more ways Abby can show you your transactions, you can also try saying
- Show my incoming transactions
- Show my outgoing transactions
- Show transactions between Rs100 and Rs500
- Show transactions from last week
Ask Abby to pay your beneficiaries
Abby lets you quickly pay your existing beneficiaries.
Just ask Abby to 'Pay someone'. She’ll ask you to select from a list of your existing beneficiaries and allow you to choose which account to pay from.
You just tell her how much, and you’re done!
It is a 24/7 service available on WhatsApp, designed to help you with your banking queries and transactions. Whether it is paying a friend, checking account information, buying airtime, checking your balance or paying your bills, just ask Abby to do it for you safely.
Watch this space as new exciting features are coming.
No, the service is free of charge.
- Add 5 919 0001 as a new contact using the mobile number you have registered with the bank. Save the number as Abby.
- Open WhatsApp and search Abby.
- Type ‘Hi’.
- Abby will respond with service options.
- Type your selected option.
- You will receive a link
- Click on the link and enter your login credentials (same as your Internet Banking)
- Read and accept the terms and conditions.
Yes, indeed Abby can answer general queries regarding Absa products and services. Abby can also help anyone apply for Absa’s products online. However, Absa customers can additionally perform banking transactions with this service.
- Check your account balance and transaction history
- Make domestic payments
- Pay bills
- Top-up mobile
- Check your credit card details
- Get product / service assistance
Yes, it is absolutely safe and secure to use Abby on WhatsApp.
WhatsApp’s end-to-end encryption is used when you message another person using WhatsApp.
It ensures that only you and the person you are communicating with can read or listen to what is sent. Not even WhatsApp can access information shared. When you message WhatsApp business account like us, your message is delivered securely to the destination chosen by Absa. For more information, check out the WhatsApp security policy.
To ensure an enhanced security when transacting on WhatsApp, Absa has implemented the following:
- Access to Abby on WhatsApp is restricted to your mobile number registered with the bank.
- We never ask you to enter your login credentials on WhatsApp. Instead, a secured Absa link will be provided to allow you to login safely with your digital banking credentials. The one-time 4-digit PIN will be sent to your registered mobile for added security.
- Absa hosts this service on its private and secure data centres within its premises.
Unfortunately, not. You will need to have an updated mobile number on which your One-Time activation PIN will be sent. Kindly ensure that you update your mobile number in the profile section on Internet Banking.
Abby will respond to most of your banking needs and queries. Should you need more information, please call our 24/7 Contact Centre on +230 402 1000 to speak to one of our agents or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org.