- Choose between medium and long term corporate loans in Mauritian rupees or foreign currencies.
- Payment terms are tailored to your cashflow profile.
- Choose between fixed or variable interest rates to suit your business requirements.
- Withdraw money any time you need to.
- Benefit from an agreed loan limit and term in Mauritius Rupees and major foreign currencies.
- Enjoy flexible early repayment facility without incurring additional charges.
- No need to reapply for credit.
- Use it alongside any other corporate banking product.
- Up to 100% of the cost price of the asset (excluding insurance and VAT)
- Maximum term of 7 years
- Choice of fixed or variable interest
- A facility in Mauritian Rupees or major foreign currencies
- Selected second-hand assets financing is permissible
- There is no requirement to secure collateral against the asset
- We buy the asset and leases it to you on credit terms under a finance lease agreement.
- You rent the asset for an agreed term and make fixed repayments that include proportions of capital and interest charges.
- At the end of the lease, you have the option to buy the asset at book value (residual value).
- You (as the current owner) sell the asset to Absa and we, in turn, lease it back to you.
- Assets under sale and leaseback will be financed through a finance lease.
Type of assets financed
For assets to be considered acceptable for financing through Asset Finance they must be:
- Freely transferrable in title
- Easy to value and have a predictable value going forward
Acceptable asset types
- Passenger, commercial and personal vehicles
- Forklift trucks
- Agricultural equipment
- Industrial equipment (with a strong resale value on the market)
- We have skills, expertise and experience to apply project finance techniques to finance capital expenditure for large projects.
- Our project finance team and dedicated account executives appraise projects in sectors ranging from hospitality to energy and real estate.
- Let us help you mitigate the project risks, preparing your documentation, arranging financing with other banks and more.
Our strong regional presence and close ties with banks worldwide allow us to provide you with several types of business finance solutions.
Our solutions include:
- Structured loan finance solutions tailored to the needs of your business
- Extensive knowledge of local realities and business practices should you wish to operate in a foreign market
- Insightful information by our experienced team and global network
We finance projects for the following purposes:
- Mixed use
- Integrated resort scheme
- Real estate scheme
- Property development scheme
- We have the industry knowledge and credibility to successfully invite other banks in the financing of your projects when required.
- We have successfully syndicated loans, from local as well as foreign banks in the financing of hotels, real estate projects and power plants.