The 5 top tips
Use these safety tips to help you keep your money safe and be ready to act should you suspect any fraudulent activities:
- Be suspicious if the process to conduct a transaction differs from the normal process.
- If you think that your banking profile might have been compromised, contact us immediately.
- Absa will never send you an email with a link or attachment that will redirect you to what looks like a Logon page.
- Create complicated passwords that are not easy to decipher and change them often.
- Absa does call customers from time to time. If you receive a call supposedly from Absa trying to assist you in preventing a ‘crisis’, requesting your “keys to the safe” (personal banking details and internet banking credentials) it should immediately raise suspicion. Put down the phone and immediately report this to the bank on +230 402 1000.